Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Version of Ratatouille

Ratatouille is a French stewed vegetable dish.  I've never had it and I'm sure this dish isn't the same, but I was at a loss what to call my dish and it IS a stewed vegetable dish.......so, here is my ratatouille; a comfort food of all veggie proportion.

Saute onion, carrot, celery, and broccoli in the olive oil for 10 minutes.  I like to get some of these veggies a little brown and crunchy.










Cut tomato, tear spinach, and mash lentils.












Add the above, along with the spices and water.  Cover and cook for 35-45 minutes, depending on how soft you like your carrots.












Enjoy!  It's not the prettiest dish but it's comfort food that is healthy and sort of tastes like stuffing without the bread. 









My Ratatouille (which is probably nothing like ratatouille)

1 large onion, sliced
2 or 3 carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped into little pieces
4 cups spinach
1 tomato, diced
1 cup lentils, cooked and mashed
1 tsp basil
1 1/2 tsp sage
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1/2 cup water

Saute onion, carrot, celery, and broccoli in the olive oil for 10 minutes.  Add tomato,spinach, and lentils, along with the spices and water.  Cover and cook for 35-45 minutes, depending on how soft you like your carrots.

Go check out Blessed with Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday recipes!

1 comment:

  1. That looks - and sounds - soooo good right now!! I didn't know there wasn't any meat in it. Maybe I'll make it sometime!

    ReplyDelete