Thursday, March 24, 2011

God's Promises Devotional Journal Review


God's Promises Devotional Journal: 365 Days of Experiencing the Lord's Blessings compiled by Jack Countryman is such a thoughtful collection of short daily devotions from over 20 Christian authors such as Anne Graham Lotz, Max Lucado, and Billy Graham. Each day the devotion starts with a Bible verse, contains an excerpt from a book by a Christian author and then asks question to ponder and room for journaling.

The Bible verses and readings go well together bringing encouragement and inspiration. It always frustrates me when a devotional lists a verse that cannot be obviously applied to the lesson. The questions to think about have challenged me to really look at my life and how I am applying God’s promises to it. There are some tough questions.

It is a beautiful hard covered book with the pages just as appealing. I really like the room given for journaling. I write in almost every non-fiction book I read, sometimes to the point of taking over. This gives me plenty of room for thoughts. It would make a great gift for someone interested in making devotions and reflection part of their routine. I would recommend this book for a light devotional. If you are looking for a devotional to get you further into God's word, I would keep looking.

*This book was sent to me by the Thomas Nelson Publishing company through their BookSneeze program in exchange for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment