Thursday, February 24, 2011

Randomness


I tackled my jewelry last weekend. I had enough of not being able to find matching earrings. I couldn't purchase anything so found some useful things around the house. I used a old collage frame for an earring holder (remove the glass and backing - staple screen on the back). Great for fish hook style earrings!  I had three coat hooks so I screwed those into the wall for necklace holders. I could use more of these but for now it works!  I'm happy to say that a week later it still looks as nice as the picture below.  Yay!


I've been taking classes to keep my teaching license current so haven't been blogging or cooking much.  It's a ton of online work.  I have two more weeks and can't wait to be finished for another 5 years.

  It had been so long since I tried a new recipe that I finally broke down last night and found a recipe that I had all the ingredients on hand.  I made Pastor Ryan's Carbonara from The Pioneer Woman's site and Emeril's garlic knots.  The cabonara was amazing - so much better than I've had before.  And the garlic knots?  Pure carb heaven. 
Yes, it was a carb heavy meal that was so very needed! 


My little one is growing so big that I can never tell what will fit before she tries it on.  The problem is, if she puts it on she will not take it off.  I have to remember as it goes through the wash to put it in the too small box.  This dress was on the short side but once she put her black boots on she completely rocked the go-go dancer look :) (at church - woohoo)!


Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. this is what bloomers are made for- we have the SAME problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you made your own earring holder!! glad you liked the idea... aren't you loving it?!?!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete