Friday, November 19, 2010

Making Magic with Leftovers


"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."So head over to her site, An Island Life and answer her question but while you are here you might as well answer mine:

What do you cook when you are cooking only for yourself?

There are not very many evenings that I am cooking only for myself but when I do I try to get creative. Sometimes there are so many leftovers that I can't justify making something and here is where creativity enters the scene. Last night I used the following leftovers: potato soup, fresh spinach, buttered noodles, and herbed feta cheese. I used the soup to steam the spinach, served over top of the noodles, finished with feta. I loved it. My family wouldn't have touched it. So come on, get creative!

2 comments:

  1. I love using leftovers to create something new. Potatoes in a shepard's pie, tenderloin for beef and brocolli, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative! I'd eat it, but my family wouldn't touch it either :)

    ReplyDelete