Monday, February 8, 2010

TMTT and WFMW - Brownie Sundae Bar - Party Idea

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Works for Me Wednesday Brownie Sundae Bar
I love to decorate cakes (I post them HERE) but am not a big cake eater. So, when my daughter suggested we do something different for her birthday I was excited to plan it. We decided on a brownie sundae bar; and boy, am I glad we did!

Not only was it really easy, everyone REALLY enjoyed it. I was expecting around 60 people so I did have to make a ton of brownies (just time consuming). I used a cookie cutter to cut the brownies into circles that would neatly fit into the bottom of the bowls. We topped them with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, marshmallows, m & m's, sprinkles, whipped cream and cherries. Everyone was pleased. If you are tired of the same old cake and ice cream, give it a try!

I couldn't resist and made a big slice of faux cake (made of brownies, of course) covered in fondant (picture above). She had to have something to stick the candles in!



The goodies bags consisted of brownie leftovers (corners and outsides from cutting the circles), marshmallows and m&m's. Again, easy but yummy!

Go check out other Tempt My Tummy recipes at Blessed With Grace! Check out We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday ideas!

12 comments: