Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tempt My Tummy - Popcorn Cookies

Go see my post HERE about my love affair with my Whirley Pop...which makes perfect carmel corn for these cookies!

Popcorn Cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 or 2! teaspoon vanilla
2 cups popped popcorn, carmel corn, or Moose Munch, etc. slightly crushed
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips - optional
1/2 cup chopped pecans - optional

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla mixing well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in popcorn, chocolate chips and pecans.

Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 14 minutes or until just golden brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely. Store in airtight container.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.





10 comments:

  1. Popcorn AND a cookie? Double yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to try these. And if you do a movie gift theme for a teacher you can include these and the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intriuged by these... i love cookies, and popcorn though, so maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea with popcorn.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of these kinds of cookies before, but they sound pretty yummy! You can't go wrong with popcorn in my opinion, so it's worth a try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a recipe like this, looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter would love these, I think I will make them next movie night, thanks for the great idea/recipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to be healthy but this is something I can't resist lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun recipe and sounds good. I enjoyed the whirly pop post, too.

    ReplyDelete